The strips are generally used in summer, immediately after the honey season, when the mite population has yet to cause significant damage to the bee colony. However, Bayvarol Strips can be used any time of the year for diagnosis or for severe infestations which threaten the survival of a colony. Note, if using the strips for an infestation while honey supers are present, the comb honey should not be sold.
- Gentle on queen bees and nucs along with beeswax, propolis and comb honey
- Expires five years after manufacture date
- Bees distribute the active ingredient through physical contact
- Single treatment is sufficient
- Treatment lasts eight weeks killing both re-infesting mites and mites hatching from the sealed brood at the start of the treatment
- 20 strips included