Ecotain works by increasing the volume of urine animals produce, diluting the nitrogen (N) being excreted, resulting in a reduced N load in the urine patch. Within urine patches created by grazing animals, Ecotain delays the conversion from ammonium to nitrate, providing plants with a greater opportunity to uptake N, reducing the potential for leaching. Having planted Ecotain, nitrification in the soil is reduced. Contact your local PGG Wrightson store or Technical Field Representative for further information and availability.
- Available as bare seed or with Prillcote or Superstrike seed treatment
- Reduction in nitrogen leaching from the urine patch
- Improved sward recovery after dry conditions
- Improved pasture base activity during cooler months
- A good mineral source for animals
- New Zealand's only environmental plantain
- Very similar annual dry matter quantity and quality to ryegrass pasture