Savvy cocksfoot provides strong dry matter production in late spring and summer and high growth rates in autumn and winter. Suiting low fertility dryland pastures, mix Savvy with Samson AR37 and clover varieties such as Nomad and Viper. Note when sowing Savvy in an intensive sheep grazing system, use a low sowing rate of perennial ryegrass as a cover crop to allow for early spring set stocking, while Savvy fully establishes. Contact your local PGG Wrightson store or Technical Field Representative for further information and availability.
- Available as bare seed or with Prillcote or Superstrike seed treatment
- Savvy responds well under centre pivot irrigation and to nitrogen fertiliser applications
- Consistent grazing in early to mid-spring will reduce seed head production later in the season
- Savvy has low aftermath heading (short seed head development time), making it easier to manage particularly with cattle
- Rapid establishment for a cocksfoot
- High autumn and winter production
- High quality and leafy in summer